Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Random Crunchy Bits

  • I've been playing Settlers of Catan with Rob most every Monday night since the semester started; it's a fun game of resource management.
  • I'm half-way through a most delightful novel called Special Topics in Calamity Physics, which is not at all about physics, but very much fun nevertheless (thanks, Lisa!)
  • I missed Superman Returns at the dollar theater, so now I wait for DVD.
  • I dropped Slack 11 from the notebook and am playing with Ubuntu (Slack is still on my desktop... so I still get to call myself a slacker, right? ;-)
  • Hamilton's Mythology is my current car book.
  • A quote just overheard from a conversation between two student workers in the next office: "Basically it was pulled out of his butt at the last minute."

4 comments:

Mike said...

Now why would I want to provide a context for such a great quote? ;-) (but, no, books were not part of the discussion...)

Morgan2112 said...

Sounds like they were practicing for a Business Management meeting...

Anonymous said...

I'm not completely comfortable with the presence of that last bullet point in a post entitled "Random Crunchy Bits."

Dying Dodo said...

I missed Superman as well anybody know when it is coming out on DVD? I think that you have already provided enough info with that quote already. :-)