Monday, October 02, 2006

Weekend Update

I had the joy of representing the library at a book sale this weekend. A minister from Southern Illinois was selling some 4,000 books (he's moving into a smaller house, and something had to go! Not to worry, he's still keeping at least as much as he sold.) It was a lot of fun, and I had the privilege of helping unload the truck and set up. I was able to pick up a few things the library might need (and, yes, I did some personal shopping... the phrase "conflict of interest" just isn't part of my vocabulary ;-) I also ran into an old friend from high school (who says to tell Morgan "hi!")

I made a weekend out of it by driving the extra little bit of distance to stay with one of my sisters. I saw three siblings (and their various spouses and children), so that was cool. I like my siblings a whole lot (even though I tend to leave early, but that's just me: if there's a road ahead, I'm itching to get on it...)

I wasted $2 on renting Lost Season 2 Disc 1. I say wasted, because it seems that I've seen some of season 2 already. Apparently JDC recorded a few episodes of season 2 and passed them my way. Now I've got to figure out whether I've already seen all of disc 2 or not. Knowing what's coming ruins a lot of the experience of the show (translated, it has a very low rewatch factor in my book; I can't imagine buying it on DVD!)

Well, the work day's a-startin'! Later...

9 comments:

Dying Dodo said...

yes once you've seen an episode their isn't much point in watching it again. From what I hear they are pretty much planning on doing the third season re-run free. So if you miss I think you are out of luck.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, so far I've been lucky with season 2 and haven't seen any of the ones I've rented so far. I know farther into the season, I've seen a lot of 1/2 episodes, so I'll need to watch the first half of all of those episodes, I guess. I agree... I wouldn't buy the series. I just want to know what happens next, not rewatch them for eternity.

Mike said...

On the other hand, some series have nearly infinite rewatch potential: Firefly, Blackadder, um, what else?

Anonymous said...

Avonlea, Little House on the Prairie, Young Riders (among my top favorites) ;o)

Morgan2112 said...

I still wish I had been able to attend that sale... I'm not sure where I would have put the books at present, but I hate to miss a good book sale, especially from that august collection.

BTW... That old friend that said hello... By chance would that be the one also working at the site of the sale?

Mike said...

Morgan, it might have been, but I don't know anyone working at that site. I know someone who worked there for 12 years and is now a homeschooler (and yeah, that'd be the one).

Morgan2112 said...

Ah... Well, it's hard to keep up with everything.

Unknown said...

I'm glad that you had a great opportunity to come home. Sorry I didn't get back with you, by the way. This is becoming a very bad habit of mine, which has got to stop. By the way, I'm glad that Morgan didn't go to the book sell. It would have been very boring without him.

Mike said...

Mormon Girl, when did you slip into Blogland?!? ;-)