Monday, July 23, 2007

What Do Other People Really Think About You?

The conversation between myself, one of my sisters, and my children, as the kids and I were taking off after this past weekend's visit down to Southern Illinois:

Me: Well, we're not going to go straight to [the kid's mom's house]. I'll probably take a few side trips along the way.

Sister (to my kids): Is your dad adventurous?

Kids (with more than a hint of exasperation ): Yes!

Son: Dad's like a cross between Peter Pan, a monkey, and a mad scientist.

Sister: Well, I can see Peter Pan and a mad scientist, but I don't get the monkey.

Me: You know, Darwin.

Sister: Oh, right, the monkey from the Wild Thornberry's. I can see that.

Me: I meant Charles Darwin, the theory of evolution?

Son: No, I meant Dad acts like a monkey.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should change your profile to this.

Dying Dodo said...

Out of the mouth of babes ...

LittlestPenguin said...

Hahaha

Well, at least they don't think you're uptight or anything. *giggling*

Heather said...

hilarious...

Mike said...

Lisa: Um, no, but thank you for the kind and thoughtful suggestion ;-)

The rest of you: :-)

mormongirl said...

From the mouth of babes. Got to love the kids wisdom. Must definitely take after his dad.