Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Techno Woes

One expected, one not (the latter one being, predictably, my fault). Firstly, my notebook died. Well, strictly speaking its video died. It was to be expected. I paid $75 for it a few years back (obviously used). Unfortunately, it died while I was giving a presentation in a class. Typical.

The other woe... well, let's skip to the lesson learned. USB drives (thumb drives, flash drives, whatever you choose to call them) do not survive the laundry very well. Always check the pockets. I know that, but I got lazy. Now in the space of four days I'm two toys short of a full box.

On the other hand, I have moderately ok health, better than average working conditions, and good friends and family. I have Internet access, a roof over my head, enough of a weight problem to be able to claim "well-fed," and access to almost any book I could ever want.

On Zaphod's third hand, oh, wait... he's not real (never mind).

4 comments:

The Legacy Foundation said...

I am super excited that a blog I read today has the same difficulty of "being well fed" :) Thanks for the enjoyable read today...many smiles

LittlestPenguin said...

Technology hates me like that, too.

Mike said...

Technology bites. Seriously and literally. And I'm suppose to be some kind of geek. I'm so close to going back to using DOS and saying screw you techno-world post-1989! But... it's only stuff (although I did locate an mp3 player for DOS. Kinda wacky...)

Robin, I like food, and apparently food likes hanging around me instead of leaving (in fact, I think it must grow inside of me!) On the plus side, if hibernation becomes an option, I'm ready!

mormongirl said...

I'm glad that you are feeling better, Slacker. I want you to know how much you were missed last weekend, even though I worked the whole weekend to make up for some time that I took off earlier in the week because I had been very, very sick. As for being well-fed, I think we can all fit that category, even though, dear slacker, I have come across some pretty good pictures that you may be interested in seeing. As for technology, I agree with all of you, it really does suck, even though it does provide a good living for Morgan, so I don't complain tooooo much. Hope all is going well, dear friend. Chat with you soon, I hope.