Monday, January 14, 2008

Umbrellas Not Required

because Heather asked...

Weekend with the kids, including bad jokes, lazy Saturday, and (God help me) High School Musical (1 & 2) * Neil's commentary on Stardust * the lumina's continued mobility * panda bowl with orange chicken and steamed rice (I know, "boring!") * Underdog * Rob's latest YouTube * KDE 4 * laughing until it hurts * winter starlight * Buddhist economics * light snow * xkcd * being up before the sun * sweet tea * constantly rediscovering how little I know * driving while listening to funny music * falling asleep feeling blessed * smiles in the hallway * the passion of the new atheists (if not their conclusions) * Gilbert Keith Chesterton * my siblings * looking forward to seeing the kids again

2 comments:

Heather said...

I like your title much better :) Let me share a bit as to what continues me to do these lists... it causes me to pause when I see my prayer request list is longer than my praise list... because there's so much to be thankful for and sometimes we overlook it and when we think of all we have in our lives that burden us, literally weighing down our spiritual lives... sometimes we end up doing it to ourselves... because God is so much bigger than all of it and he takes care of it all.. so why in the world shouldn't we focus on how great and how big God is and how much he's already done for us because hello, he's not an ATM!

Heather said...

oh and I love the list ;-)