Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Speedy Delivery

More updates from the news room of my life...
  • Father Andrew Greeley's condition has improved after his freak accident last month. Greels is my (and several thousand, if not million, others') priest. I may not officially be Roman Catholic, but the likes of Greeley, G.K. Chesterton, and Peter Kreeft make me feel like I should be a closet Catholic.
  • Slackware 12.2 is imminent!
  • If you've never done it, let me assure you, grading papers is less fun than you'd think (and the final drafts are coming in next week...)
  • An old friend found me on Facebook, which is way cool. Social networking site pays off, twitter update at 11.
  • Thanksgiving in Lawrenceville with my kids and siblings was nice. Family is good.
  • I avoided shopping on Black Friday (shout out to the radicals at Adbusters for encouraging Buy Nothing Day).
  • Jonathan Coulton's Christmas song Chiron Beta Prime (from his Thing a Week experiment) has me in Exceedingly Good Spirits this morning.
  • The annual Christmas sale at the Lincoln Christian College and Seminary bookstore is in full swing: 45% off books, as well as savings on supplies, clothing, and cards (i.e. things Slacker doesn't remember to buy).
  • I've found the coolest design at cafepress.com that resounds with my personal mythology. What can't you find at cafepress.com?!?
  • Lastly, despair.com has a limited run Christmas shirt.
Well, that's all the news of madness and mundania for the moment (and for those keeping score at home, a boring post is still a post ;-)

No comments: