Monday, October 17, 2011

Lame Autobiographical Observation

Reflecting on the anthropomorphic animal cartoons that dominated children's television during my childhood, I suddenly realized that given the inevitable conflict between two characters, my preferences always followed the same patterns, despite the specific characters:
  1. Bats
  2. Mice
  3. Monkeys
  4. Canines (wolves, foxes, dogs)
  5. Rabbits
  6. Fish
  7. Birds
  8. Cats
  9. Anything else but snakes
  10. Snakes
OK, I'm sure I'm leaving out several (e.g., squirrels) and there are iffy sections (fish may trump rabbits, especially sharks). Oh, and of course, this makes ABSOLUTELY no impact on anything. The answer to the "so what?" is "nothing." But, it popped into my head while brushing my teeth this morning and has stuck there. I'm hoping typing it up and dropping it on the Internet will get it out of my head.

No comments: