Monday, December 11, 2006

Quickly Through the Sticky Wicket

* Walking down the sidewalk to my office this evening I heard music blaring from The Hole: Quiet Riot's "Bang Your Head." It's nice to know the children are still listening to classical music.

* Finally saw V for Vendetta. I liked it, even if Alan Moore didn't (and I read the stuff on the Internet, and I understand why Mr. Moore didn't like it, and I agree with his points, but I still managed to enjoy it!)

* My ex-wife gave me all of our Harry Potter books and videos this weekend. My liberal influence is wearing off, apparently... (but she assured me she wasn't passing any judgment on me if I choose to keep the stuff!)

* I've been trying to convince the science professor here that we all evolved from a common ancestor via natural selection. He's not buying it, but it's great fun!

* Life is weird. Just when you think that, maybe, you know, just maybe you're close to something called Normal, a change of perception and BAM! you're sitting on the edge again, spitting into the Abyss and waiting for something other than the echo of your own bloody heartbeat...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, I'm glad that you are finally finding time to enjoy the things that are important. As for the Harry Potter movies and books, great. I'm glad that you are getting your stuff back. Quite frankly it is about time. That means there is still hope for our dear Morgan to get his stuff back, too;-) I'm sure your science professor colleague friend is finding your conversations quite stimulating. Good luck in trying to convince him of how we all evolved.

Mike said...

Winter: I *think* you'll like V. Both Hugo and Natalie are amazing in it. Yes, my ex was a big defender of Potter, fantasy, etc. Now she's opposed (I asked her if I could have her copy of Narnia, and she said no. Oh well, had to try!)

MG: The stuff is actually the kids' stuff, it'll just reside in the pagan home now, rather than the Christian one!

Dying Dodo said...

Glad that you finally got to see V, I thought it was pretty good as well. Well as far as the Harry Potter stuff goes, I am the pagan member of our household who has forever *damaged* the children by allowing their evil influence in the household. So now you have something that you and kids can enjoy together. As for sitting on the edge know that you have friends here that care for you greatly and are here for you.

Morgan2112 said...

Slacker... The next time I'm in the area, remind me to stop by to see your ex so I can offer her a copy of "Behold The Man!" If she no longer has the desire to associate with something so sinister as Harry Potter, I'd love to see what reaction she might have to that particular work.

On another note, be careful about spitting into the Abyss... A lot of the time, it spits back.

MG, I always get back that which is mine... You're a prime example! {WEG}

Michael said...

V...I couldn't really get into the movie, though every one of my friends loved it. I fear I may be missing the appropriate chromosome to appreciate that movie.

Perception is a twicky thing. I just finished reading a book about organizational theory (Organizational Theory, M.J. Hatch, 1997/2006) and my head is still spinning.

Good thing you got the harry potter books. I know some individuals who would have custody battles over them. ;-)