Monday, December 04, 2006

Snow Day, the Conclusion

Long story made only slightly shorter: power came back Saturday night. Saturday morning the apartment was freezing (slacker did not want to crawl out from under all of his covers...) Put the car off the road in the driveway to my apartment. It took three of us to get it back on the pavement and I dug a nice trench with my passenger side wheels (Winter, Professor Scott Jones was one of the three... fun!)

Despite the ice and the freezing and the off-road adventures, I managed to spend a good weekend with the kids (who slept at their mom's Friday, so they didn't freeze!)

7 comments:

Heather said...

glad you got the car on the road again :)

Mike said...

Me too. I was laughing so hard as my front wheel spun deeper into the mud, covering my Lumina as if I had been mudding! Even though I realized I was stuck, it was more or less hilarious (I guess it's because I knew there's no way my car could sit there forever, blocking entrance into our parking lot.)

Unknown said...

Glad that you had a good time this weekend, and definitely glad you got your power back on. It really sucks when you don't have power on, and it takes several days to come back on. I'm also glad that you did get to spend time with your kids. I know that was the highlight of our weekend, too. That and the roadtrip to pick my kids up. What a long drive.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I know that professor! Only I knew him before his name was "Professor".....Gee, I'm getting old.

Dying Dodo said...

Glad the weekend was good and that you didn't freeze to death with the lack of powere thing!!

Morgan2112 said...

Slacker... It sounds like you needed the Old Plymouth to pull you through the recent spat of bad weather!

Mike said...

Ah, Fluboy lives! Yeah, I could have used a mighty Plymouth... but instead I grabbed a seminarian and a scientist.