Thursday, February 01, 2007

Waiting for Franz Kafka's Love-Child

Is the country ready for another President Clinton?!? Well, we had another President George Bush, and look how that turned out. Yeah... how about that Obama? He seems like a nice young man. Hello, republicans, do you have anybody to run this time?!?

My cheap notebook, sold off because my employer didn't even think they could get any use out of them, is sitting here reminding me there's only a couple of days to the "official" full moon. Looking out my window, it's full enough for my reckoning. Computers are funny things. Take this notebook I'm writing on. It came with a 30 gig drive, which promptly died. It's cool, ny friend in the IT department set me up with another from a notebook too dead to sell off. Well, that one died. So I scrounged around and came up with a 10 gig drive. 10 gigs, and I'm feeling a little cramped for space. Good grief, when I first started this job my work PC was a 486 with a 210 MEG drive. Now a ten gig drive is too small?!? And it's not like I'm running XP here (let alone Vista... let's not even go down that road!) Nor am I running one of those "everything-and-the-kitchen-sink" linux distros. A simple Slack 11 install with a few "essential" additions (mono, dosbox, Adobe Reader, OpenOffice.org, and a couple other little things). Admittedly, I'm not out of space yet, but I look at my desktop
machine: an 80 gig drive for XP and a 160 gig drive for Slack. That seems like abundance (maybe too much abundance?) Did I really just ramble on about hard drive sizes? Something is terribly wrong here.

A note to my sister who may be checking this blog out for the first (and possibly last!) time: you should have visited one of my earlier blogs, back when the creative juices were flowing like the waters of the mighty Embarrass during storm season. This blog is basically a place where you can tell I'm still breathing, but that's about it :-) Oh, and "hi, Sis!"

Full moon. That bodes well (for something, don't know what... yet!) OK gang, it's late and I'm thirsty and tired. Later (and if, by some miracle, I resist posting before the weekend, may y'all enjoy the Bears whooping up on the Colts ;-)

4 comments:

Dying Dodo said...

Dream on Slacker, da Bears are going to go home crying!!

Unknown said...

Believe me, I know the affects of a full moon. My night was crazy, and I worked the Alzheimer's unit. Amazing the affects of a full moon on people stricken with Alzheimer's. As for the super bowl, well, I would like to see the Colts' win, so their new dome would at least be worth building, but deep down, and don't crucify me, I am still a dye hard Bears fan. But, I won't be disappointed no matter who wins.

Anonymous said...

It's all for nothing anyway, since the Patriots threw it away. Now we are pulling for the Bears but still will have no joy if they win.

Mike said...

It's all for nothing anyway because it's neither NASCAR nor basketball! ;-)