Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Traveling + Sleeplessness = Potential Woe

Last night I got about 3 hours of sleep (don't ask, that way I won't have to lie). After I get done teaching class this morning, I need to hop in my trusty and rusty vehicle and race south to catch my son in some kind of Scholar Bowl thing (I guess it's like school-sponsored Trivial Pursuit?) At the best of times I tend to be narcoleptic in a car (even when I'm driving). I'm not looking forward to the trip back tonight. I can only hope there's ZERO precipitation (or else I may as well give up now!) Kind thoughts, well wishes, and prayers would not be amiss.

Oh! Almost forgot. I ordered a copy of Done the Impossible and it arrived. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to finish watching it (which means, no sleeping behind the wheel).

Here's wishing a blessedly wonder-filled kind of magic for all of you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not so much Trivial Pursuit as the old G.E. College Bowl. You know, like Bible Bowl. OK, I'm the biggest nerd ever.

Mike said...

Update: found out literally minutes before I was hopping in my car that due to weather, the schedule has changed. So I will not be the wandering narcoleptic wonder tonight (instead, I will drink hot cocoa, say my prayers, and go to bed early!)

Heather said...

wonderful... I was going to check to see if you made it home alright :)
My mom and dad did something like Bible bowl...