Thursday, February 15, 2007

Snow and Rain

I'm grateful for the two days of deep snow and bitter winds. Winter... the kind you can trudge through knee-deep (or more!) snow, where temperatures are prefixed with a minus sign. Raw elements sort of put the melodrama of human "angst" in the background. Maslow's pyramid: physical survival trumps moody self-absorption (thank God!) But the winter has passed, and now it's just cold again. I pray the fire of love burns freely and fiercely in your souls, my friends.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The snow was very pretty here, too. Unfortunately, it has been really cold, and now that I have had my one good snow for the winter, I am so ready for spring. They are calling for 1-3 more inches of snow tomorrow, which is very small consolation for what we all ready have.

Mike said...

Season, you bring much joy to my virtual life, but I think I have some serious issues with you at this moment ;-)

Mike said...

That is EXACTLY the kind of thing you shouldn't be telling me.